The Office of General Education (OGE) and the Office of Instruction and Assessment (OIA) are offering many exciting programs this semester.
For instructors whose courses have been nominated by their Associate Dean to propose a course in the new GE, the Quick Start Programs are scheduled to run every month of the semester. Please visit the GE How-To and Deadlines pages for more information. If you would like to enroll, then please contact Dr. Katie Southard (email@example.com).
Deep Dive Sessions
Instructors can also look forward to another season of Deep Dive Sessions, one hour webinars that cover topics relevant to GE instructors. Registration is required for participation. Please contact Emily Jo Schwaller(link sends e-mail) and/or Katie Southard(link sends e-mail) with any questions.
The first series of Deep Dive Sessions has been scheduled for September and will address the Course Proposal Submission process:
- Session #1: The GE Course Proposal Submission Process: An Overview, Sept. 14 from 2-3PM (Zoom);
- Session #2: Tips and Suggestions for Submitting your Course to the New GE, Sept. 16 from 2-3PM (Zoom)
ePortfolio Coffee Chats
Come drink coffee and learn about ePortfolios in a welcoming pedagogically focused community. All take place on Fridays from 10-11:00 in the Main Library and will be offered in a hybrid format. Specific details will be upcoming. Dates and topics for this semester:
- September 24: Cataloguing Learning Throughout the Semester
- October 29: Digital Ethics in ePortfolios
- December 3: ePortfolios and Transfer of Learning -- Looking Forward