Self-Paced Quick Start
Description: This is a module-based, self-paced introduction to the GE vision, curriculum and features for instructors preparing courses for the new UArizona General Education program.
Intended Audience: While the Quick Start was designed with instructors specifically in mind, anyone interested in learning about the GE curriculum is welcome to register!
How is this helpful?: The General Education Self-Paced Quick Start modules will:
- Walk instructors through each element of the new curriculum;
- Help to find course “fit” within the new program;
- Utilize reflective prompts culminating in materials needed to submit a course proposal.
How long will it take?: The Self-Paced Quick Start is intentionally designed for flexible levels of engagement. At a quick pace, one could browse the materials in 1-2 hrs. At an in-depth pace, instructors can expect each module to take roughly 1-2 hours, with a total of 5 modules.
What are the goals of Quick Start? At the completion of the series of interactive modules, instructors will be able to:
- Recognize the elements of the General Education Refresh vision, curriculum, and key features;
- Align course components with GE curriculum components according to fit;
- Articulate components of courses that align with GE requirements and those that may need re-tooling or additional support;
- Identify key elements of the signature assignment and reflect on ways to meaningfully incorporate it into course structure;
- Apply learning to transitioning course design elements through exploring the new GE course proposal form.